Our Mission in the
from the manual of the Shepherd's Centers of America)
- To sustain older people whether they want to live in their own homes and
apartments or in retirement communities.
- To provide retired persons opportunity to use their experience, training,
and skills in significant volunteering.
- To improve life satisfaction in one's later years through
self-realization, lifelong learning, and discover of inner resources.
- To demonstrate life at its best in later maturity so as to provide
attractive role models for successful aging.
- To advocate the right of older people to a fair share of society's goods
and to assist them in gaining access to services they need.
To contact us, send us mail at PO Box 243 , North
Manchester, IN 46962
Consult the Community
Calendar in the North Manchester News-Journal for current activities.
Check the schedule at this web site for program
Our local programs
- Current Events - a weekly presentation of current and historic events with
- Adventures in Learning -
programs of general and community interest designed to stimulate and
broaden interests and to entertain and enhance quality of life.
- Book Discussions - periodic studies of books usually led by a Manchester
- Travel - overnight or day tours tailored to interests of Shepherd's Center
- Adopt-a-highway - Members volunteer to pick up litter on a two mile
stretch of roads near North Manchester.
- Services - information dealing with items such as Medicare, insurance, and
- Medtalk - monthly sessions with a variety of medical specialists designed
to provide information and encourage healthful living.
- Blood pressure check - a weekly opportunity to have blood pressure checked
by trained personnel.
- Stretch and flex - a twice-a-week program to promote healthful exercise